Traditional braces, or metal braces as they are commonly known, have been around for ages. Only recently have the options for your orthodontic health care vastly increased. Everything from the size and shape to the braces, to the location and near invisibility of them, have sprouted up to offer individuals a wide array of options and benefits that can best suit each individual user. The following is a list of the most current and well used orthodontic treatments:
– Metal Braces: Metal braces are the most commonly used brackets. Metal brackets are glued to each tooth, and wires connect each bracket. Rubber bands are also required.
– Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces are similar to metal braces, but not as visible. They offer more aesthetic and cosmetic appeal over traditional metal braces.
– Lingual Braces: Lingual braces are similar to metal braces, but lingual braces are attached to the back of the teeth, not the visible front.
– Invisalign® Clear Aligners: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible aligners that can be removed daily.
– Damon Braces: Damon braces are similar to metal braces, but have the advantage of not requiring rubber bands. They also require less maintenance and fewer trips to the orthodontist than traditional metal braces do.
Choosing the right treatment for you doesn’t have to be a stressful decision. If you would like to know more about your options for braces, please make an appointment by contacting our wonderful team at Skyline Orthodontics via phone at 402.289.3232. You can also stop by our office in Elkhorn, Nebraska. We are here to help you get your smile back on track!