When thinking about what you can do to improve your oral health, it is always a good idea to take the time to fix your smile if it should be suffering from any misalignment ailments or issues with braces. However, once your braces are set, it is still important to care for not only your teeth but your braces as well.
Take this opportunity to think about what cleaning and caring for your braces can do for you, including the following:
– If your standard floss thread cannot effectively work around your braces, try switching to a water flosser to ensure your teeth will continue to get the care they need.
– To fully serve your smile, schedule meetings and routine checkups with your orthodontist in Elkhorn, Nebraska, to ensure your orthodontic care is going along smoothly.
– It may be possible to harm a piece of your braces if you are not careful. If it does happen, do not attempt to fix the damage on your own.
– In order to best serve your braces, avoid foods that can easily get stuck between your braces and teeth and become difficult to remove.
– To fully ensure your braces will function properly, clean and disinfect your retainer at least once weekly.
If you would like to speak with Dr. Laura Rothe and our team about orthodontic brace cleaning, please schedule an appointment at Skyline Orthodontics, by calling 402.289.3232. We can help enhance your oral health care today!